News & Events
The U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services Opens Additional COVID-19 Testing Site in Zachary. For more information, click here.
Please read this important message regarding the re-opening of Zachary Youth Park
The Zachary Police Department is working with the City, Parish and State officials to manage the local impact of coronavirus (COVID-19). Effective Wednesday March 17, 2020, Chief McDavid has instituted several changes to reduce the spread of COVID-19 in our community and within the Police Department Building. These changes are listed below.
- We are limiting access to the Police Department building to employees only. We encourage citizens to contact the police department by phone.
- Emergency- 911
- Non-Emergency- 225-654-9393
- Records- 225-654-1904
- Chief’s Office- 225-654-0073
- CID Office- 225-654-1905
- We ask that public records requests be made by email or mail.
- Mail- Zachary Police Department, PO Box 310, Zachary, La. 70791
- Email- email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Officers will continue to respond to calls when necessary. However, whenever possible, complaints will be taken over the phone.
- Supervisors will decide whether a lower grade call such as minor thefts and property damage will be handled in person or by phone.
- No curfew is in place at this time; however, this may change if necessary.
- Following the executive order from the Governor’s Office, there is a ban on gatherings of 50 or more people.
We ask that the citizens of Zachary not panic, we will get through this together. We encourage everyone to follow the guidance issued by the Centers for Disease Control https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html. Stay home if you are sick, cover your cough, clean and disinfect surfaces regularly, and avoid close contact with people who are sick.
ZACHARY COMMUNITY SCHOOL UPDATES:
BREC PARKS EVENT CANCELLATIONS, POSTPONEMENTS OR SUSPENSIONS
Questions about COVID-19 now being answered by Louisiana 211 statewide network. Anyone looking for information about the COVID-19 outbreak can simply dial 211 or text LACOVID to 898-211 for the most current information about the outbreak as it becomes available.