An Update From DEMCO
Posted by zachary on April 15, 2020
Providing safe and reliable power to our co-op members is paramount for DEMCO.
During the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and in all emergency situations, DEMCO has a strong track record of preparing for and responding to a variety of emergencies.
Although this situation is unique from what we’ve experienced in the past, our existing Emergency Response Plan was able to address the areas of concern associated with the event, which provides for operational changes such as a smaller workforce, potential disruptions in the supply chain, and limited support services for an extended period of time.
Specific to COVID-19, DEMCO has implemented measures to protect essential staff and mitigate any potential disruptions caused by illness, such as sheltering-in-place and increasing hygiene measures.
In compliance with health and safety mandates, DEMCO continues to stress social distancing measures to our employees, contractors, and members. All communication is remote, such as mail, phone, video conference or email. Line crews are taking their rigs home at night and are staggering trips to warehouses to continue social distancing best practices.
DEMCO continues to work hand-in-hand with our national electric co-op network, local industry and government leaders to ensure energy operations and infrastructure continue to be supported without disruption.
Updates from DEMCO:
- Lobby and drive-thru services are closed through April 30th; but drop boxes remain open.
- Our local call center is open Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- DEMCO offers non-touch payment methods 24/7/365 at DEMCO.org, through our free mobile app., and via the automated phone system 1-844-MyDEMCO (1-844-693-3626).
- DEMCO has temporarily suspended service disconnections due to non-payment. We encourage members to pay what they can as they can, and to call us to work out a payment arrangement - 1-844-MyDEMCO (1-844-693-3626).
- DEMCO will continue to work on new services, but we will not be energizing permanent services unless a permit has been granted. DEMCO will energize temporary services if the appropriate government entity has waived the permit requirement, and the temporary service meets DEMCO guidelines. New services are currently being drawn and installed by DEMCO. We insist that our employees do not have any face to face meetings with the public.
- DEMCO website www.DEMCO.org/member-services/COVID-19Resources provides resources for Business Members and Residential Members, Energy Saving Tips, FAQs and News.
DEMCO will continue to communicate with our membership, and to closely coordinate with local, state and federal officials to most effectively manage changes related to the pandemic.
Communication methods include email, social media posts, statement stuffers, phone call-outs, news releases and website content at www.DEMCO.org/member-services/COVID-19Resources.