WHO WE ARE
Zachary Food Pantry, Inc. is a 100%-volunteer run, 501(c)(3) tax exempt charitable organization under section 170 of the I.R.S. Code. Zachary Food Pantry, Inc. is an equal opportunity provider. The Zachary Food Pantry is governed by The Zachary Food Pantry Board.
WHO WE SERVE
We serve persons experiencing food insecurities. We are an agency of the Greater Baton Rouge Food Bank and distribute free groceries to qualified persons. To qualify, you must:
- reside within the Zachary Community School District, and
- meet the income guidelines provided by the GBR Food Bank.
These are the documents required at application:
- A picture ID
- A proof of income for each adult in the household in the form of a pay slip, a Food Stamp Letter or Social Security Income Letter
- A proof of residence in the form of a current utility bill.
We serve every Tuesday from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Zachary Food Pantry was set up in 1988. In 2012, The Zachary Men's Club donated a parcel of land to accommodate the current building. GM Builders of Baton Rouge built the new building for $306,200. City workers, Department of Public Works employees and the city's chief engineering firm, PEC, performed all of the sewer and water work. The Zachary Food Pantry is owned and maintained by the City of Zachary. The local Zachary Rotary Club landscaped the building as their annual service project to the community in 2013. In 2016 the Zachary Rotary Club donated outdoor benches for patrons of the Zachary Food Pantry.
As the Zachary Food Pantry celebrated its 25th anniversary, we officially opened the new facility on Monday, June 10, 2013. The Zachary Community generously supports our work.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
You may support our work by:
- Sending monetary donations to:
The Zachary Food Pantry
P.O. Box 932, Zachary, LA 70791
Your donation is tax deductible.
- Donating non-perishable food items. You may wish to drop them off at one of our many food barrels in the City of Zachary, mainly at churches and at the entrance of Rouses. If you wish to donate perishable items, kindly contact us to make an appointment.
- Volunteering with us by sharing your skills, be it legal, financial, organizational, communications, inventory management or your time.
- Organizing a food drive or fundraiser. We can support you in your efforts.
We love sharing our knowledge about food insecurities and operating a food pantry with our community. If you are interested in booking a tour with us, contact us.
5640-A Rollins Road
Zachary, LA 70791
P.O. Box 932
Zachary, LA 70791
Zachary Food Pantry, Inc.
Tuesday 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.